1-Day Group Tour to the Charyn Canyon from Almaty
Duration: 1 day
Listen to the sound of silence, smell the scent of sage, and feel yourself tiny little thing in the vastness of the Great Kazakh Steppes. Open the book of time and discover the history of the Earth in our group tour to the Charyn Canyon from Almaty. With its proximity to the city, it makes for an ideal destination for a full one-day trip. Take in unforgettable views of classic Kazakh southeastern landscapes with your knowledgeable guide and highly experienced driver. They will share with you stories about vibrant Kazakh culture and the epic historical legacy of nomads barely known to the rest of the world.
In Dostar Trips we treat each our guest as a friend whom we just didn’t meet yet (“dostar” means friends from Kazakh). If you take a trip with us – you can rely on our friendly support during all your stay, we will always be happy to help you with anything you wish – advise the best place to eat, buy a train ticket, meet locals. Check out what our previous guests are saying about us on TripAdvisor. Let’s be friends!
Important: a group tour to the Charyn Canyon from Almaty will take place if 7 (seven) or more participants will be ready to do the trip. Please let us know if you’d like to take a tour by emailing us and we will contact you 5 days before the tour to inform you about the status of the tour. If we have 7 or more participants, we will send you our bank details for the 20% deposit of tour’ price to be paid. The rest 90% of the payment needs to be paid at the beginning of the tour (morning of the first day).
Dates for the next 1-day group tours to Charyn Canyon from Almaty in 2022 (every Wednesday, starting from 15th of June):
- 15th, 22nd, 29th of June
- 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th of July
- 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st of August
- 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th of September
- 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th of October
- Pick up and drop off at ‘Seven Rivers’ bar;
- Lunch is included (please message us if you prefer vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free options);
- Friendly English-speaking guide and experienced driver;
- Amazing locations during a one-day trip to Charyn Canyon: Valley of Castles and Bartogay Lake;
- A full intensive day of sightseeing, hiking, and enjoying great vistas.
Itinerary for the group tour to the Charyn Canyon:
We will pick you up from Seven Rivers bar, you’ll be met by our friendly English-speaking guide and super-experienced driver. Let’s set off from Almaty and follow the New Silk Road of our days – Khorgos-Almaty highway. On the way to the canyon, we will talk about the country, culture, people, and the history of Kazakhstan. Driving time of the Charyn Canyon day tour from Almaty is around 2.5 hours with stops on the way.
During our day tour, you will observe the striking diversity of landscapes: from green agricultural fields of nearby villages sown with fruits and vegetables suddenly being swapped for the endless ascetic steppes stretching to the edge of the horizon with a rare bunch of sheep leading by a lonely herder.
On the way, we will have a stop at the little rustic Uighur village with the lively and colorful market and smell of grilled meat and tandyr samsa (meat-filled savory pastry baked at the special tandyr oven)! Be ready for the new gastronomical experiences! Let’s follow the words of legendary Anthony Bourdain: “Your body is not a temple – it’s an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
Today you will not only try new food but also be awestruck by a bewitching landscape of Bartogay lake and impressive Charyn Canyon. We will have gentle descent at the Valley of Castles and have a picnic at the shore of the Charyn river that carved the canyon 12 million years ago, and then ascend up back to the surface with a short scramble up at the end. So please make sure to wear comfortable shoes with a good outsole.
The adventure comes to an end today as we drive you back to the ‘Seven Rivers’ bar where one free glass of beer will be waiting for you to relax and enjoy time after the tour with your travel buddies.
What is included:
Food – picnic
Water 1l per person
All fees & tickets
What to take:
Photography from Slawomir Adamczak, Pawel Plocienniczak & Stephen Bridger
Important: a group tour to the Charyn Canyon from Almaty will take place if 7 (seven) or more participants will be ready to do the trip. Please let us know if you’d like to take a tour by emailing us and we will contact you 5 days before the tour to inform you about the status of the tour. If we have 7 or more participants, we will send you our bank details for the 20% deposit of tour’ price (6160 KZT) to be paid. The rest 80% of the payment (24640 KZT) needs to be paid at the beginning of the tour (morning of the first day).
Price for the group tour to the Charyn Canyon Day Tour from Almaty: 30800 KZT